Recent Blog Posts
- Look who’s embedding maps!
- Half Moon Bay Review wins Best Use of Multimedia with GatheringPoint Maps
- Custom Map Wizard – Map Maker is available for general use!
- New Content Partners = More Content Layers!
- The Active Times launches with Geo-aware maps
- We’re now available on mobile in Open App Market!
- Ticket Network brings last minute event tickets to GatheringPoint
- Setup your own custom content from a Google Docs spreadsheet
- See Meetup, EventBrite, Volunteer Match, Conference Hound and Instagram Pics on GatheringPoint
- Help us put together some great parenting resources!
- So you want to talk HyperLocal?
- Party map at BlogHer 2011
- ConferenceHound powers local maps with GatheringPoint
- Half Moon Bay Review adopts GatheringPoint maps
- It’s Time to Start Talking!
Category Archives: Partners
Since we released our Map Maker tool we’ve seen maps popping up all over the internet. Here are some maps that we think are really cool! Tweets around Brooklyn from #Nets fans! A Church Directory in York, PA … Continue reading
Wick Communication’s Half Moon Bay Review won “Best Use of Multimedia” (under 100,000 newspaper circulation) from the Local Media Association for their Walkabout feature (powered by GatheringPoint maps). Judges comment: “This is pretty fantastic. I really like what you’ve … Continue reading
We’ve officially launched Map Maker. Map Maker is a wizard tool that lets you create your own custom maps, while leveraging location content from great content sources from around the web like Yelp, CityGrid, Wikipedia, Twitter, Instagram, and many … Continue reading
“Aligning itself with today’s most advanced technology, The Active Times has partnered with Gathering Point, a leading provider of hyper-local mapping, to give active consumers a go-to source for nearby adventure. Geo-aware maps allow for users to pinpoint fitness centers, … Continue reading
We’re happy to welcome Ticket Network into the GatheringPoint map world. Ticket Network taps into ticket exchanges to help you find the ticket you want for the event you want. Because they are a ticket exchange, people can often find … Continue reading
We’re happy to announce that GatheringPoint partners now have the ability to easily create their own custom content layers and edit them on the fly. They setup a Google Docs Spreadsheet with columns such as latitude, longitude, title, popup window … Continue reading
We’re excited to have added some great new content partners to GatheringPoint. Check them out under the “Events” category (except that Instagram is in Social). See the pictures your Instagram friends have taken… all mapped out by location! Watch for … Continue reading
The Maven of Social Media blog has used Community Maps to create a party map for @blogher11. Kerri used an embedded map with a custom layer for the party info – all managed from a Google Docs spreadsheet. The blog … Continue reading
ConferenceHound has added a “Local” tab to their conference information pages. They are helping conference attendees find the other great things they can do while in town for a conference. Select the “Local” tab from any conference on the site … Continue reading